- Any document issued by the Sri Lankan Institutions should be attested by the Consular Affairs Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka through Electronic Documents Attestation System and needed to produce the electronic customer copy.
- Embassy will provide Electronic Document Attestation Service from Consular Affairs Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka for any document issued by the Sri Lankan Institutions which has been not attested previously through Electronic Document Attestation system subjected to the payment of relevant fee.
- Any document issued by a foreign authority or agency will accept for attestation ONLY IF such document is attested by the Foreign Ministry of the document issued country.
- Only Sri Lankan Citizens could sign Documents / Declarations such as a Power of Attorney or Affidavits before a Justice of Peace, Diplomatic officers are authorized under the Consular Functions act to provide this service subjected to pay the relevant fee at the Embassy. Person who is sign the document must present in person with his Sri Lankan Passport and valid visa (or Valid Dual Citizenship certificate) to the embassy together with two witnesses (who are Sri Lankan Passport Holders).
- Relevant official documents should be produced to substantiate the facts given in an Affidavit or a Power of Attorney. In the event of relevant official documents not being produced to substantiate the facts contained in an Affidavit or a Power of Attorney such an Affidavit or a Power of Attorney will not be considered for Attestation.
- Affidavits produced to substantiate the alterations made in identification documents issued by the Government such as Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Death Certificates, Passports, Driving Licenses, National Identity Cards etc. will be attested only if the alterations have been made in the original documents and certified by the issuing authority.
- Attestation of Documents / Declarations such as Affidavit or Power of Attorney signed by a Foreign Citizen are accepted to attest only if such document certified by a authorized authority (Notary) of the country of his /her residence. Those documents must have to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of Residence of the applicant, prior to produce to the Embassy for attestation.
Attestation, Certification and Authentication (Legalization) of Documents
|1||Caveat Order||SEK 170|
|2||Attestation of Documents as a Justice of Peace||SEK 410|
|3||Swearing or affirming an affidavit||SEK 410|
|4||Administering an oath or affirmation||SEK 410|
|5||Attestation of Power of Attorney or Proxy||SEK 410|
|6||Issuance of certified copy||SEK 40|
|7||Sri Lanka Embassy accept and forward a document through the Electronic Document Attestation System (e-DAS) for attestation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka|
|a. When the document owner is a Sri Lankan National||SEK 210|
|b. When the document owner is a Foreign National||SEK 300|
|8||Attestation of a document (except Export Documents and Education Certificates)|
|a. If the document owner is a Sri Lankan National||SEK 250|
|b. If the document owner is a Foreign National||SEK 270|
|9||Attestation of Educational Certificates||SEK 40|
|10||Attestation of set of Export Documents||SEK 360|
|11||All Certificates including life certificates furnished by Sri Lankan Pensioners for pension purpose||Free of Charge|
|12||Documents relating to burial/cremation of human remains||Free of Charge|
|13||Documents relating to the dispatch of human remains to Sri Lanka||Free of Charge|
|14||Issuance of all other letters/certificates||SEK 250|
Getting Service through post:
- All the original documents / applications must attach and applicant must singed in front of the Honorary Consul appointed by the Government of Sri Lanka for the particular country or region. Applicant must ensure that the Honorary Consul signed at the relevant places of all the documents / Applications.
- Relevant fee must pay to the Embassy bank account (Details given below) and attach the receipt of the payment to the application / Document.
Applicant must pay additional banking charges as follows;
If paid in Sweden in Swedish Kroner: SEK 22
If paid in a country other than Sweden: SEK 70 (Cross Border Transaction fee)
SWEDEN SEK 140:-
DENMARK SEK 180:-
ESTONIA SEK 180:-
LATVIA SEK 180:-
LITHUANIA SEK 180:-
Bank Name: SEB (Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken)
Account No.: 5213-100-2386
IBAN: SE 51 500000000 521 31002386
BIC: ESS ESESS
- The payments must be paid prior to post the application or at the Embassy.
- The Embassy does not accept PAYMENTS MADE BY CHEQUES. If paid by the Debit/Credit Cards (Only accept VISA and Master cards), Bank commission of 1.5% will be added to the payment.
- Please note that according to the financial regulations of Sri Lanka, the fee paid will NOT be refunded.
- Applications are required to post to the following address. (Please do not address the cover to personal names of the staff members of the Embassy). Please note that Embassy will NOT take any responsibility to the documents which has NOT duly received to the Embassy Premises.
Embassy of Sri Lanka
General Contact Details:
Only During 09.00 — 13.00 Hours from Monday to Friday except Holidays
Tel: +46 (8) 663 65 23/25
Please obtain an online appointment from embassy website prior to visit to the Embassy.
Embassy of Sri Lanka
Strandvägen 39, Ground Floor
SE-114 56 Stockholm