1. How can I get a Tourist Visit Visa to Sri Lanka?
There are two methods
- Online Visa (Valid only for 30 days)
- You must have a valid passport (Your passport must have a validity period for more than 6 months at the date of your arrival to Sri Lanka)
- You must have a copy of your return air/sea ticket from Sri Lanka.
- You must visit eta.gov.lk and fill the visa application. Initially you will get a confirmation notice and within 48 hours you will receive your visa approval notice. You must keep a copy of this visa reference number at your arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Passport holders from the Countries not listed at the drop down menu of ETA web site are unable to proceed with ETA and should visit Embassy to obtain visa.
(ETA is an Electronic Travel Authorization granted online through the web based visa system implemented by the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka. An ETA is issued only for Short Visits i.e. less than 30 days to Sri Lanka for Business purposes, Tourism and Transit purposes. Official Web site is www.eta.gov.lk.)
We caution you that some unauthorized websites are in operation to charge very high visa fee. You are requested to use ONLY the following official website of the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka for obtaining visa: www.eta.gov.lk
- On Arrival Visa-If you have a passport issued by Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland and Norway, you can obtain Visa on Arrival at the Bandaranaike International Airport. Passport holders from other countries may contact Immigration Department of Sri Lanka for clarification. email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org .