Sri Lanka Immigration and Emigration may grant or issue a visa to you if –
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you are suitable to enter Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration approves the purpose for which you are entering Sri Lanka.
- You hold a passport valid for a minimum period of six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you have adequate funds for your maintenance whilst in Sri Lanka and for the payment of your return passage to the country which issued your passport.
- You are in possession of a written assurance (ticket) to return to the country of domicile or a visa to the next country of destination if you are a visit visa holder.
Who are eligible for Visa Exemptions?
- Sri Lankan dual citizens.
- Children up to 21 years of age whose birth has been registered under section 5(2) of Citizenship Act – 1948
- Children born in Sri Lanka for Sri Lankan parents under 21 years of age.