Easing of entry restrictions results in further expansion of flight frequencies to Sri Lanka
Air frequencies to Sri Lanka are beginning to expand with easing of entry restrictions for tourists. The latest amongst them is Qatar Airways, which is a major air service provider to Sri Lanka, has now resumed its pre-pandemic frequency of five daily flights to/from Colombo. Currently fully vaccinated passengers do not require even a pre-departure negative PCR/Antigen test.
What is necessary is to only carry an English version of the vaccination along with the original certificate. Other airlines servicing Colombo include: Qatar, Emirates, LOT Polish (via Warsaw); SriLankan Airlines (through London or Frankfurt), Turkish Airlines, Air France services destination to Sri Lanka.
Before you begin preparations to visit Sri Lanka you need to note the following:
- Fully Vaccinated travellers are exempted from pre-departure COVID-19 PCR/ Rapid Antigen tests from 1st March 2022
- No minimum number of days is required for a stay
- No restrictive quarantine required
- Travelers can stay at any type of accommodation and no on-arrival PCR test required
- Not-Vaccinated & Not-fully vaccinated Travellers are released from On-arrival PCR test & Quarantine period.
- No on-arrival PCR test for children and they will be allowed to travel with their parents.
- Ensure you have the mandatory COVID 19 Insurance of 12 USD with one month cover of 75,000 USD required for all travellers (whether fully vaccinated or not vaccinated). Pay through ( https://portal.pionline.lk/covidinsurance/ )
- Visitors can apply for online visa through eta.gov.lk
- Not required to submit a Health Declaration Form.
- Ensure you are aware of the documents that need to be submitted and carried with you to ensure a hassle free visit. If you have any doubts or clarifications drop an email on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all the official updates on Travel Guidelines below:
- Covid – 19 Preventive measures issued by the Director General of Health on 21st April 2022 Click to read more
- Revised Quarantine measures for travellers arriving from overseas during the COVID – 19 pandemic Click to read more
- Information about Travel Guidelines, Insurance and Health Declaration form – Valid for arrivals from 20.04.2022 Click to read more
- Tourists/Foreign Passport Holders/Sri Lankans Landing Requirements to Sri Lanka Update on Travel Insurance for Foreign National Staff members Click to read more
- Update regarding Travel Insurance from the Civil Aviation Authority, Sri Lanka Click to read more
- On Arrival Visa for Tourists from Sweden, Denmark & Estonia Click to read more
- Exit Strategy for COVID – 19 Patients & Contacts Click to read more
- Long Stay VISA for tourists Click to read more
Please visit the website of the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka for more information – click here
- 30 days Tourist Visa could be obtained through online ETA visa system: Please visit www.eta.gov.lk
- Stays more than 30 days, you are required to contact the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka in Colombo once you have reached Sri Lanka.
- Tourist Visa fee for one month – USD 35
- Tourist Visa extension after 30 days upto 90 days – USD 100
We caution you that some unauthorized websites are in operation to charge very high visa fee. You are requested to use ONLY the following official website of the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka for obtaining visa:
- If you need to do any amendments of your data in the ETA system.Please inform the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka with a copy to the Embassy to following addresses.