GENERAL INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
1. Relaxed Health Regulations
The preventive measures for persons arriving in Sri Lanka from overseas during the COVID-19 pandemic, which were last put in place by the Health Authorities of Sri Lanka on 18 April 2022 have been revised with effect from 7 December 2022.
- The requirement to produce a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate by any person arriving in Sri Lanka from overseas has been removed.
- The requirement to produce a pre-boarding on on arrival negative COVID-19 test (PCR/RAT) by any person arriving in Sri Lanka from overseas has been removed.
- If any foreign national tests positive for COVID-19 after arrival in Sri Lanka, they should be isolated for 7 days in a private hospital, hotel or place of residence. The cost of treatment or self-isolation should be borne by them.
- Not required to submit a Health Declaration Form.
- The above measures will supersede all other directives previously issued by the Health Authorities of Sri Lanka.
2. Visitors can apply for online visa through eta.gov.lk
Tourist visa with double entry- USD 50 (for 30 days only)
Business visa with multiple entry – USD 55 (for 30 days only)
The following nationalities may obtain an on-arrival visa at the port of entry in Sri Lanka for USD 60 for a period of 30 days.
Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Norway & Sweden. Click here for more information
Please ensure to submit the following details correctly on your online visa application form
- Passport number correctly
- Nationality correctly as appears in the travel document
- Date of birth
3. For the extension of the Tourist/Business Visa, you are to submit an application for a visa extension on your arrival in Sri Lanka to the Head Office, Department of Immigration & Emigration Colombo, prior to the expiration of the 30 day ETA visa.
More information and Instructions to apply for the extension of the visa: E services
We caution you that some unauthorized websites are in operation to charge very high visa fee. You are requested to use ONLY the following official website of the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka for obtaining visa: ETA Website