Relevant Educational Institute/Host Organization/NGO operating in Sri Lanka should submit the application for Residence Visa on behalf of the Applicant directly to the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka, who will then authorise this Mission to issue an entry visa to the Applicant. The Embassy requires prior approval from the Controller General of the Department of Immigration & Emigration in Sri Lanka to issue Entry Visa to the applicant under this category. Upon receipt of approval from the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka this Mission will issue an Entry Visa once the Applicant submits the documents mentioned below:
- Duly completed Visa application FORM “B” (Can obtain from Embassy upon request)
- Passport with two unused pages (validity should be at least six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka)
- Copy of Passport (Data page/Photo page)
- Copy of the approval of the Controller of Immigration & Emigration.
- Two recent photographs -passport size- taken within last 6 months.
- Relevant visa fee (Embassy accept only CASH Payments). Please visit www.stockholm.embassy.gov.lk/visas for details on visa fee.
- Your Travel Itinerary
You can handover the above application materials in person or you can send by post. If you are sending the application by post, please send the Bank payment receipts along with the application. If you paid to the Bank, you are required to pay a bank fee of SEK 17 in addition to the visa fee. Please note that Embassy accept CASH payments only. If you want this Embassy to return your passport by post, please include a self-addressed envelope. You are required to pay additional SEK 140 as Postage fee within Sweden or SEK 180 for other countries.
Please visit www.stockholm.embassy.gov.lk/fees for payment details.
After obtaining an Entry Visa, applicant can enter to Sri Lanka and need to visit to the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka within 30 days to get Residence Visa endorsement. (Address: “Suhurupaya”, Sri Subhuthipura Road, Battaramulla, Sri Lanka Phone: +94-11-5329000, Fax: +94-11-2885358, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, web Site: www.immigration.gov.lk)